Fall ’13 Flex Week Begins Monday!

Dear Faculty, Staff, Management, and Special Guests:

I am excited to welcome back our faculty for the beginning of the 2012/13 academic year.  I am also excited to welcome to our Saddleback family 40 new employees: 15 full-time tenure-track faculty; six managers and administrators; and over 18 classified staff.  I will be introducing each of them to you next week at the faculty breakfast (Wednesday) or classified staff luncheon (Friday), so hope to see you there.  I also look forward to seeing all of you at many our Academic Senate’s faculty in-service week of activities beginning on Monday at 8:00 am with the Welcome Back Breakfast and Social and continuing through Friday.  There are numerous meetings, workshops, and professional development activities for all faculty, staff, and management at our college and district services, so I hope that you will take advantage of these opportunities.  It is also a great deal of fun!  The following is a list of some of the campus-wide events happening during the week that I strongly encourage you to attend:

• Welcome Back Breakfast and Social, Monday, August 12th, 8am to 9:30am, SSC 212
  • Student Success: The Road Ahead for Academics at Saddleback, Monday, August 12th, 9:30am to 10:30am, BGS 254
  • Overview Personal Safety, Emergency Preparedness and Active Shooter, Monday, August 12th, 10:30am to 11:30am, BGS 232
  • Chancellor’s Opening Session, Tuesday, August 13th, 8am to 10:45am, McKinney Theatre
  • Presidents’ Faculty Breakfast, Wednesday, August 14th, 8am to 10am, SSC 212
  • Strategic Plan 2014: Understanding Performance and Developing Goals, Wednesday, August 14th, 10am to 1pm, SSC 212
  • New Full-time Faculty Reception, Wednesday, August 14th, 3:30pm to 4pm, AGB Conference Room
  • Presidents’ Associate Faculty Dinner, Thursday, August 15th, 4:30pm to 6:45pm, SSC 212
  • Presidents’ Classified Staff Luncheon, Friday, August 16th, 11:30am to 1:30pm, SSC 212
  • For the Fall Flex Week schedule,click here
  • For the Week-at-a-Glance, click here

I look forward to seeing you next week!