The Learning Resource Center (LRC) is a newly remodeled space that includes the library as well as several resources to support student success – tutoring services, the writing, reading, and language labs, study rooms, and computer work stations. The LRC opened its doors on August 20th, with all services being available within the first couple weeks of the fall 2012 semester.
The renovation has increased the usable space of the LRC building by 4,500 square feet, with a total usable area of 81,000 square feet. These space includes hundreds of computer work stations, 18 classrooms, 12 small-group study rooms, 18 new offices for faculty and staff in the Fine Arts and Media Technology, Liberal Arts, and Online Education and Learning Resources divisions, five labs, and two conference rooms.
Services Available in the Learning Resource Center
- Library – All library services will be moved to the third floor of the LRC building by August 20th.
- Tutoring services – Free group, individual, and drop-in tutoring will be available beginning September 4th and will be located on the second floor (LRC 212).
- The writing, reading, and language labs – Students enrolled in certain classes are required to complete hours in one of these labs in addition to classroom time. All lab rooms are located on the second floor of the LRC.
- Student newspaper – The Lariat’s work space will be located in the LRC beginning in fall 2012.
- Computer stations – Students will have use of hundreds of computer work stations located throughout the LRC for college-related work.
- Study rooms – There are 12 private and semi-private study rooms located in the LRC.
Welcome Week Open House Barbecue
On Wednesday, August 22nd from 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., President Burnett will host a free Welcome Week barbecue in front of the LRC. The barbecue is open to students, faculty, staff, and administrators, and will include an open house of the LRC, including tours of the new building. Be sure to drop by and check out the beautiful new space, you won’t be disappointed!